Uxbridge High School
Hillingdon, United Kingdom
About Uxbridge High School
Uxbridge High School is a mixed, non-denominational academy secondary school and sixth form for pupils aged 11-18. The school was founded in 1928, is located in Uxbridge Middlesex, West London, and has about 1,300 pupils. The school is operated by the Uxbridge High School Academy Trust.
Our students are the strength and lifeblood of the school and consequently their needs are at the centre of all that we do. Although the majority of our students live within 3km of the school, they have a diverse cultural and ethnic heritage. Of our students, 40-50% have roots established locally over several generations, whilst others are first generation arrivals from Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia. We celebrate the diversity of our community and inclusion is at the heart of our culture.
We have dedicated teachers, middle leaders and senior leaders at Uxbridge High School. The governing body is well established and is resolved to drive ever further improvements in standards by working with the school and leadership team.
We are in an urban area with a rapidly expanding population, but have easy access to the green spaces surrounding London. The school is close to Uxbridge town centre, which is served by bus and tube links to central London. The M4 and M25 motorways link us to the national road network and Heathrow Airport provides global connections.
We are fortunate to have an open campus with extensive playing fields. Our original school building, dating from the early 1900s is still in use and is complemented by a range of more modern buildings. You will work in an exceptionally well-maintained school with high spec. specialist classrooms, laboratories and facilities. Our most recent accommodation includes an excellent £6m sixth form centre, a state-of-the-art full size indoor sport facility and a new £2.1m art and drama centre.
Values and vision
Uxbridge High School will be a school of choice where:
- through outstanding teaching, inspirational opportunities and exceptional learning we open minds and develop unique individuals.
- students and staff have the best possible environment in which to achieve, progress, learn and thrive. They are positively focussed, determined and demonstrate respect for all.
- we are at the heart of our local community, a school in which all students, parents, staff, stakeholders and partners are PROUD to make success happen.
Our values have been developed by students and staff and form the basis of our ethos and culture. All members of our school community subscribe and work towards always being:
Positive Respectful Open Minded Unique Determine Proud to Make Success Happen
“Pupils are very welcoming and well mannered. In lessons and assemblies, pupils listen to each other respectfully, share good humour and are loyal to and appreciative of their school’s values.” - Ofsted 2018
- Overall effectiveness Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding
- Outcomes for pupils Good
- 16 to 19 study programmes Good
The full Ofsted report can be viewed here: Ofsted Report 2018.