Valley Park School
Kent, United Kingdom
About Valley Park School
Valley Park is the school of choice in the Maidstone area, being the most over-subscribed school in Kent. Part of Kent-based Valley Invicta Academies Trust, our school is proud of its high expectations in terms of student conduct, attitudes and academic standards. We hope that you will review the information available on our website (www.valleypark.viat.org.uk) and decide to proceed with your application.
Valley Park School is a mixed 11-18 high school with over 1600 students on roll. The Sixth Form is thriving and continues to grow. Our school is underpinned by a set of core values (CREATE):
We were inspected under the new Ofsted framework in March 2020 and are proud of our judgement, which was Good in all areas. Inspectors noted that:
Students take their learning very seriously; they work hard in their lessons, always trying their best.
- Pupils’ behaviour is of a very high standard.
- The curriculum is broad and has a logical sequence.
- All pupils conduct themselves with maturity.
- Pupils act well on the feedback they receive. This is a strength of the school’s practice.
- Leaders have a positive impact on pupils with SEND. Staff have achieved this through thoughtful and well-judged support.
- The Sixth Form is a strength of the school. Students have a broad set of courses to choose from.
The vision at Valley Park School is predicated on 2 key principles:
- Outstanding Academic Outcomes and Outstanding Pastoral Care.
Culture of Care
Our vision is for Valley Park to be a centre for both academic and pastoral excellence and we believe that these two key aspects of school life are inseparable. Our Student Hub is central to school life and, through it and the support of classroom teachers, we provide the following focused areas of care, guidance and support:
- Individual wellbeing, both in the academic and in the pastoral sense;
- Excellent attendance;
- Excellent motivation and attitude to learning;
- Excellent academic progress and relevant intervention;
- Identification of, and response to, individual needs (including health needs and/or SEND needs).
Culture of high standards in education
At Valley Park, we aspire for every student to reach their true potential; our broad and balanced curriculum reflects both the academic and the personal development knowledge and skills required in order for our young people to take up meaningful and knowledgeable roles in society when they leave us.
Our students benefit from an Arts-rich environment, and all students are encouraged to engage in the Creative Arts. The curriculum is broad and balanced throughout all year groups, encompassing traditional academic subjects alongside vocational pursuits. We offer pathways to suit our students at key stages four and five, with careers guidance to support the decision-making processes.
Students are encouraged to express and share their own interests, to pursue their passions and to develop as individuals – not just through their academic studies but also in their support for the communities in which they belong.
Our extensive co-curricular programme provides students with opportunities beyond the classroom – a selection of these opportunities are listed below:
- Exploring the Creative Arts – through visits to galleries, museums and theatres, participation in flash mobs in the local community, taking part in live performances and sharing a love of the Arts with others.
- Developing a Love of Learning – whether this be through the pursuit of subject-related clubs, or by supporting our Farm, or by becoming a student librarian, there is a niche here for everyone.
- Representing Valley Park in Sport – through our considerable range of clubs and teams.
- Becoming a Leader – whether this be through a formal qualification, or by organising a charity fundraiser, or running a learning activity for other students.
- Valuing Our World of Culture – either through participating in exchange programmes, or by corresponding with a pen pal overseas, or by learning a new language.
- Contributing to Our Community – this could be as a member of our Student Voice, or by mentoring other students, or by supporting our popular Dementia Café. The opportunities are endless…
We are seeking dedicated colleagues to join our established community and we look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
Valley Park School is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory, relevant, employment references.