I’ve condensed the whole A Level Biology AQA course into a series of topic by topic guides. I used these notes alongside practice exam questions and managed to achieve an A* in A Level Biology in 2017. Doing well in biology isn’t all about being ‘clever’, it’s about being strategic and working smart (as well as hard work, of course). I truly believe anyone can do well.
I hope that these notes will not just help students understand biology, but also understand exactly what the examiners are looking for.
- Easy to learn, concise, bullet point revision notes
- Covers every point on the AQA specification - no more, no less
- Based on the analysis of 10+ years of past papers and mark schemes (we all know how specific biology mark schemes are)
- Some example exam data/application questions and model answers to make sure students are fully equipped for the exam
New specification AQA A Level Biology, Topic 8:
- 3.8.1 Alteration of the sequences of bases in DNA can alter the structure of proteins (mutations)
- 220.127.116.11 Most of a cell’s DNA is not translated (stem cells)
- 18.104.22.168 Regulation of transcription and translation (transcription factors, oestrogen, epigenetics, RNA interference)
- 22.214.171.124 Gene expression and cancer
- 3.8.3 Using genome projects
- 126.96.36.199 Recombinant DNA technology
Note - 188.8.131.52 DNA probes and medical diagnosis, as well as 184.108.40.206 Genetic fingerprinting, are not yet included in the booklet.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 40%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Concise A* Complete A Level Biology AQA Spec & Mark Scheme Based Revision Notes / Summary (topic 1-8)
www.biologywitholivia.co.uk I’ve condensed the whole A Level Biology AQA course into a series of topic by topic guides. These notes have helped thousands of students achieve top grades, by helping them to understand exactly what the examiners are looking for. * Easy to learn, concise, bullet point revision notes * Covers every point on the AQA specification * Based on the analysis of 10+ years of past papers and mark schemes * Some example exam data/application questions and model answers to make sure students are fully equipped for the exam Note: * The format varies between topics (see previews) - I will eventually get round to changing this * Very last part of topic 8 not included * Required practicals not included - best to practice exam questions for these Website: www.biologywitholivia.co.uk How to get an A/A* in A Level Biology | Revising effectively, using mark schemes & exam technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kYCDdxGws4
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Good resource but would be great to know when the rest of topic 8 will be released please ! :)
Does not contain 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 which are important sections of topic 8
Hello, I can understand disappointment as these are important parts of the course. I made the decision to upload the notes excluding these sections because despite the fact that I've not finished the 22.214.171.124/3 notes, lots of people were keen to access the rest. Hopefully you saw this in the product description before you bought however I do apologise if you feel mislead! I'll try and get these completed as soon as possible and will update you when they've been added. Thanks for your feedback :)
Concise set of notes covering all the important points. Thanks again!
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.