Bay House School and Sixth Form
Hampshire, United Kingdom
About Bay House School and Sixth Form
Bay House School have a clear mission:
‘It is our moral accountability to all our learners to raise achievement, close gaps, support wellbeing and develop the range of learning capacities through a principled curriculum which is a sum of all the learners’ experiences. These collective experiences will ensure the sustained growth of an effective ‘Learner Voice’ which encourages contributions from the diversity of our learner population and community that has significant impact and influence on our School.’
What does this mean in practice?
It means we take our responsibilities to our learners and their parents very seriously, and work together:
- To ensure every learner achieves to their very best
- So no learner is left behind at any stage of their time at Bay House
- Doing all we can to make sure every learner has quality learning experiences in and beyond the classroom and that we look after their well being
In partnerships to ensure our school community is the best it can be.
How do we measure our success?
By looking at every learner’s achievement and progress:
- GCSE results
- progress made in every subject across different stages of the year
- how our pupil’s achievement compares to others across the country
how well our tutor time supports pupil’s achievement and well being
By looking at the quality of teaching and learning at Bay House, specifically:
- how we are developing pupil’s independent learning
- how well we feedback to our pupils so they know how to improve
- how good every learning experience is
By looking at how well we use evidence to plan appropriate interventions, use these interventions and then see how successful they are on individuals or groups of learners.
We also look at how we are constantly developing our teachers and support staff in meeting these goals.
“I feel that BLP has certainly given me a new dimension to my teaching and I left the room feeling that buzz that comes with knowing that a lesson has gone really well. I am a true convert to BLP!!!”- Teacher using BLP
“I have never seen a class so entirely self- motivated and absorbed in their learning. Everyone took an active role in the group discussions and they supported each other in their common quest.”- Teacher using BLP
“The old way of learning seemed to suppress my thinking. At Bay House I am free to develop independently and I am really enjoying the learning”- Pupil