George Abbot School
Surrey, United Kingdom
About George Abbot School
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF GEORGE ABBOT SCHOOL
The educational aims of George Abbot School are based on the fundamental principle that the education of each student is of equal value.
The overall aim of the school is to promote excellence,personal achievement and the realisation of each student’s potential, irrespective of gender, race or cultural background.
To achieve this overall aim at George Abbot School, we endeavour:
• to provide each student with the opportunities to develop intellectually and to build the academic foundations
required for his or her future life;
• to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum differentiated according to the needs of students,encouraging
lively, enquiring minds, self-confidence,initiative and independent learning;
• to provide all students with those basic and transferable skills needed for effective living in a rapidly changing
world, encouraging lifelong learning;
• to provide a safe and secure environment in which each student can develop as an individual and as a member of
a caring community;
• to promote involvement with the social and economic community outside the school;
• to provide a professional and satisfying working environment for all staff, in which there will be opportunities for
professional and personal development;
• to promote a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of school life.
The school seeks to achieve these aims through its provision for the academic, personal and social development of students. Progress will inevitably be one of staged growth, with individual needs varying at different key stages.