Dorset, United Kingdom
About Shaftesbury School
To empower every individual who participates in our community to realise his/her aspirations.
We aim to inspire every individual by
• Creating a sense of belonging, where everyone feels a valued member of the community
• Developing role models whom we can admire, respect, relate to and seek out for guidance
• Promoting a sense of accomplishment through recognition for doing our best, whatever it is, on personal, social
and academic levels
• Generating fun and excitement, curiosity and creativity on the trail to learning
• Encouraging the spirit of adventure, understanding and appreciating what it means to take a risk and be
successful, or to fail and try again
• Promoting opportunities for leadership and responsibility, by expressing our ideas and accepting the
consequences of our actions
Pervading the ethos of our school are the values of our Christian Foundation, the ideals of the Olympic movement and the spirit of internationalism.
We value the uniqueness of every human being regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, creed or sexual orientation. We teach the importance of love and respect, tolerance, forgiveness, the need to work for peace and justice, honesty, selflessness and loyalty.
Shaftesbury School is an internationally outward-looking community promoting harmony, participation, friendly competition and opportunities for recognition and celebration.