Hampshire, United Kingdom
About Sherfield School
Sherfield School nestles in 76 acres of rural Hampshire between Basingstoke and Reading and is one of the few schools in the area to offer co-educational day and boarding all-through schooling; from the outstanding nursery through to the successful sixth form.
Our distinguished buildings, extensive facilities and acres of park land are conducive to providing a varied programme that includes sports, languages, performing arts, fine arts and a kaleidoscope of extracurricular activities. 2018-2019 will see Sherfield carry out a £multi-million development programme including a new MUGA, refurbishments to the sports hall and dining hall plus further plans for a new science block, theatre and extensions to the existing boarding facilities.
The school follows the English National Curriculum, enhanced so that pupils experience a first class, academic education. Academic results in 2017 included a 100% A Level pass rate and 93% A*-C GCSE pass rate. The school is rated 30th out of UK top 100 schools for STEM (Your Life 2017) and has a strong STEAM focus. To see the school in action follow us on Facebook: @SherfieldSchoolHampshire and #SherfieldStories.
- A broad, balanced, differentiated and creative curriculum
- Equal opportunities for all regardless of sex, race, colour, age, creed or disability
- High quality teaching and learning
- A stimulating, challenging and positive ethos where everyone is valued and achievements are celebrated
- Opportunities for parents to support their children’s education and the life of the school
We aim to enable each pupil to:
- Develop morally, socially, culturally and spiritually, embracing the GEMS core values of Leading Through Innovation, Pursuing Excellence, Growing by Learning and Global Citizenship
- Value learning and to be reliable, honest, resourceful, flexible and responsible
- Develop a positive self-image with the ability to express themselves confidently
- Become aware of the needs of others, developing a caring, supportive and responsible attitude
- Be able to work individually and in groups, encouraging and helping others
- Work hard; reflect upon progress; set challenging targets; achieve the highest standards possible
- Use new technologies appropriately to enhance their learning
- Take part in a wide range of activities contributing fully to the life of the school