No prep pair-work speaking activity.
Part 1: Photo description & comparison
- Encourages use of linking terms, connectors and cohesive devices
- Vocabulary acquisition
Part 2: Discussion questions
- Agree / disagree
- Advantages / disadvantages
- Encourages fluency and confidence using Portuguese
Can be used for a 1-1 speaking class or pair-work activity in a large class
Instructions for PART 1:
1) Working with a partner with the same photo (student As with As, Bs with Bs), students attempt to identify the vocabulary in their photo. (alternatively, for low-level students, the teacher can provide students with a vocabulary list and the students label the photo).
2) Change pairs to AB.
3) Student A describes photo while student B listens attentively.
4) Student B describes photo while student A listens attentively.
5) Still without looking at each other’s photos, students attempt to identify 3 differences between their photos.
Students may now look at each other’s photos and describe 2-3 differences each.
Encourage use of CONNECTORS:
- Primeiro, Em segundo lugar, Finalmente
- Entretanto, Por outro lado, Enquanto isso
- Além disso, Adicionalmente, Também
Instructions for PART 2
1) Students ask each other the discussion questions. Encourage students to:
- Extend their answers
- Elicit more information
- Agree / disagree with their partners
- Justify their arguments
2) Students try and report to their new partner everything they can remember which their old partner has just told them.
Encourage students to use the questions to guide their memory.
GAMIFICATION ALTERNATIVES PROVIDED WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.