2021 AQA DT GCSE NEA Guide to Section E
This is the perfect resource for remote learning to get students enthused, confident and carrying on, with a high quality power point, with highly detailed guidance, examples and specialist technical knowledge, with relevant visuals and animations, YouTube tutorials, techniques and directed tasks to get them finishing off Section E!
This is an extremely comprehensive resource that covers this entire unit
In this GCSE coursework task, Students will gain an understanding of:
- How the mark scheme translates into chunked research tasks
- The core and technical subject knowledge of section with strong emphasis on researching the correct tools, materials and equipment, as well as health and safety, quality control and relevance to their intended prototype manufacture
- Two different pathways in representing the process of representing this intended manufacture: Either a more detailed manufacturing diary or a flowchart
- How to present their final design concept, explaining its commercial viability and how it meets the requirements of their client.
- How to consider viability of commercial manufacture, by comparing school vs. commercial industrial manufacturing processes, considering different scales of production in the process.
- I have gone into an incredible level of detail on the manufacture processes, including:
- Wasting processes, Sawing & jointing, Drilling, Turning , Polymer forming processes: Vacuum forming, Line bending , CAD CAM processes: Laser cutting, 3d printing, Metal processes: Casting, MIG welding, Soldering, Standard components and fixings, Knock down fittings, Fixings, Tensol glue, Epoxy resin, PVA glue, Finishes, Adding veneer, Painting with acrylic/stain/watercolour, and finally Varnishing. I also mention injection moulding and industrial processes.
- This aspect of the power point alone makes this an invaluable resource for exam revision as it covers all the core specialist Technical knowledge aspects in the GCSE course.
Potential learning outcomes:
Next 4 - 5 slides/pages of NEA / Length – 3 - 5 lessons (including student activity)
This is the fifth part of my TES lessons dealing with the NEA that can be recorded on power point or paper, Please look to the resources here for section A (first two), section B and a combination section C/D unit/power point:
…to have a consistent beginning!
Please add a positive review/some stars if you found this useful as this really helps; THANK YOU!
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.