A lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on adverbial phrases.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
• Define an adverbial phrase.
• Examine adverbial phrase types.
• Determine the structure/pattern of an adverbial phrase.
• Spot the adverbial phrases used in writing.
• Demonstrate the use of adverbial phrases.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Phrase, Adverb, Adverbial Phrase
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Adverbial Phrase
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Memory Game
- Success Criteria - Adverbial Phrase Checklist
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Scaffolder Notes - Adverbial Phrase Types, Structure
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – Online Quiz
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - 3 Online Exercises
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - 6 Thinking Hats
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Worksheets with Answers
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.L.6-8.4/4ad/6
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
- Educational Tools and Resources - Adverbs
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students how to use adverbial phrases in their writing, thereby helping them to enhance their writing and language skills.