A lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on apostrophe and parentheses.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Gain understanding of apostrophe and parentheses.
- List the rules of apostrophe and parentheses.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of apostrophe and parentheses in writing.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Apostrophe, Parentheses, Punctuation
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - How to use Apostrophe and Parentheses
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Think Pair Share
- Success Criteria - Apostrophe and Parentheses Checklist
- Scaffolding Notes - Apostrophe and Parentheses Rules
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 2 Online Quizzes
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - Worksheet
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - Exercise
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 5 Worksheets with Answers
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.L.5.2a/6.2a/8.2b/W.8.4
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students to use punctuation in writing, thereby helping them to enhance their reading, vocabulary, language, and writing skills.
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment