A complete scheme of 10 lessons based around the story of BEOWULF. Written for a year 4 class, it is easy to adapt for year 5 or 6 as there is a strong emphasis on basic grammar skills in the planning.
Planning is of a high quality and includes all resources, including a version of the story (written by me) Wherever possible, editable versions of each resource are also provided. Each lesson is fully differentiated and includes a powerpoint presentation
**Learning Objectives: **
- To use a variety of sentence openers
- To vary our sentence openers when creating a description
- To punctuate direct speech correctly
- To add adverbial clauses to dialogue.
- To use tenses consistently
- To use expanded noun phrases
- To use figurative devices to describe.
- To vary clauses in complex sentences
- To plan a short story with suspense
- To apply the features of short stories.
- To edit and improve the introduction to a short story.****
The files are zipped, however I have added some loose examples of the resources to give an indication of quality.
Beowulf clipart is from Anthony feathers art and design, available here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Beowulf-Clipart-1945901
All other art work is from Pixabay or authors own.