This quiz contains sample questions taken from a 100 question biology quiz. See below for details.
This resource is a highly visual, fully editable and interactive, 100 question biology quiz. It is an ideal resource for biology week which takes place in October each year.
The quiz contains 100 questions, most contain multiple choice answers, with varying degrees of challenge. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. The answers can be found by clicking on the question mark image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
An answer sheet is provided to allow individuals/teams to record their answers.
Sample questions: (Most questions contain 3 multiple choice answers.)
1. What is the longest bone in the human body?
2. In humans the atlas and axis bones are found in which part of the body?
3. Otology is the study of which part of the body?
4. In medicine what do the initials MRI stand for?
5. Which disease has broken out in the Republic of Congo 2 years after it ended in West Africa?
6. Singultus is more commonly known as what type of action in humans?
7. How many pairs of chromosomes are in found in most humans?
8. What is the largest internal organ of the human body?
9. How many canine teeth do most adults have?
10. What is the name for a male bee that comes from an unfertilized egg?
11. What is the scientific term for a flowering plant?
12. Four limbed vertebrates are called….
13. What does xylem tissue carry?
14. What is entomology the study of?
15. The tailbone gets its scientific name, coccyx, from a Greek word. What does coccyx mean?
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.