A 19 page word document booklet for students to make notes, carry our research and take part in activities, recording findings all in the same place. There are eight accompanying PowerPoints to keep interest during delivery, some with embedded videos, others with animation. The complete A2 and A3 spec is covered in this package and carries on from the A1 booklet.
A2. Application of psychological perspectives to health and social care practice
• Behaviourist, e.g. changing/shaping behaviour by operant conditioning.
• Social learning, e.g. promotion of anti-discriminatory behaviours and practices, use of positive role models in health education campaigns.
• Psychodynamic, e.g. conscious and unconscious mind
• Humanistic, e.g. client centred therapy, putting the service user at the centre of care planning
• Cognitive, e.g. understanding intellectual development and developmental norms, Therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy and neuro-linguistic programming
• Biological, e.g. understanding genetic predisposition to certain illnesses or health-related behaviours. The biology of emotion, impact of substances on behaviour – e.g. effects of drugs and medication.
A3. Contribution of psychological perspectives to the understanding of specific behaviours
- Perspectives: application of complementary and contrasting psychological theories to the understanding of specific behaviours.
- Specific behaviours associated with mental health and coping/ not coping strategies
For more Health and Social Care Level 2 and 3 resources, follow me on TES to find them all in the same place with a handy search facility to cut down on time. https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/HSCresources