A 25 page booklet, 5 PowerPoints and a range of activities, spaces for notes and discussion points that cover the new BTEC L3 Unit 4 Current Research in Health and Social Care. This is a continuation of the Introduction and Learning Aim A booklet, the follow on Learning Aim B1, B2 and B3 and the B4 booklets, also on TES. You can add to and adapt this Microsoft Word booklet to suit your own teaching style and your students will have their own completed booklet, from which to revise from.
(Learning Aim B; has been broken into small booklet resource packages B1, B2 and B3 and then B4, all available with continuous page numbering on TES https://www.tes.com/member/HSCresources)
Spec covered, as below:-
C1 Selecting appropriate secondary sources
• Selecting sources of reliable secondary research, including professional journals,
professional bodies, textbooks, periodicals, websites, research organisations.
• Conducting electronic searches using academic search engines, databases, keywords, advanced search tools, refining search data to narrow range of information to manageable size.
• Consideration of the suitability of the sources, including reference to ethical principles, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, fair representation of people using services.
• Selecting relevant numerical data, to include graphs, tables and statistics.
• Examining and interpreting graphs and tables produced by others.
• Recognising bias in graphs, tables and statistics.
C2 Evaluation of research
• Examining content of secondary materials including introduction, body of text, conclusion.
• Academic reading, to include surveying structure of source materials.
• Advantages and limitations of research sources and methodologies, e.g. access to data.
• Validity and reliability of results, including possible bias error, use and misuse of statistics, principles, generalisability.
• Recommendations, as a result of the research, for work with people who use services.
• Potential areas for further development of the research.
• Potential for development of working practice and provision of services.
C3 Wider applications of research
• Making recommendations for potential future areas for research.
• Implications of research for health and social care practice.
• Implications of research for health and social care service provision.
For resources for other BTEC Units, follow me on TES and see all packages; free and small charge, inn one place :-)