A 24 page word booklet for students to make notes and record findngs and activities which coveres the whle of the Learning AIm B part of the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care Unit 11 Psychological Perspective. There are seperate cae study activities and lots of reference to the assessment criteria for pass, merit and distinction.
The spec content covered, in detail is…
Learning Aim B: Examine the contribution of psychological perspectives to the management and treatment of service users’ specific behaviours
B1. Factors that affect human development and specific behaviours
• Social, cultural and emotional.
• Physical environment.
B2. Contribution of psychological perspectives to the management of behaviours
• Cognitive behavioural therapy, e.g. treatment of phobias, mental illnesses, post-traumatic stress disorder, approaches to challenging behaviour, monitoring and improving behaviour.
• Social learning theory, e.g. use of positive role models, treatment of eating disorders. • Role of psychodynamic perspective in, e.g. psychoanalysis, exploration of factors influencing behaviour.
• Humanistic perspective, e.g. person-centred counselling.
• Biological perspective, e.g. drugs, biofeedback.
B3. Contribution of psychological perspectives to the treatment of behaviours
• Interventions: use of perspectives to inform development of therapeutic practices.
• Therapeutic practices as relevant to behaviour, e.g. group therapy, family therapy, addiction therapy, behaviour modification programmes.
• Ethical issues.
• How the therapies work.
• Reasons for attending therapy sessions.
For more Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC or CTEC resources, follow me on TES to find them all in the same place with a handy search facility, to save on time. https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/HSCresources