A 51 page booklet with information covering the BTEC Level 3 Health & Social Care Unit 26 Health Psychology Learning Aim C1. C2. D1 and D2 in preparation for students assignment 2. There is information relating to each part in the spec and seven Powerpoints with areas for activities and notes. The booklet is a Microsoft word document which means you can add to it or alter it, to suit your teaching needs. This is a continuation booklet from the initial Unit 26 Learning Aims A and B, also uploaded onto TES and is page numbered accordingly, however, this can also be changed.
The content covered, as below:-
Learning aim C: Investigate models of stress and related strategies for managing stress
C1 Development of stress models
• The fight or flight model, general adaptation syndrome.
• Life events theory.
• Psychosocial models of stress.
• Role of psychological factors, locus of control, personality type.
C2 Stress management strategies
• Coping strategies and responses, including problem focused, emotion focused, defence mechanisms.
• Stress-illness link, including effects of stress on immune system, effects of lack of or too much information on illness, role and extent of family and wider social support. Positive coping mechanisms, including relaxation techniques.
• Negative coping mechanisms, including alcohol or other substance abuse.
• Behavioural techniques, cognitive techniques.
• Importance to professionals of having knowledge of stress-management strategies.
Learning aim D: Explore the role of psychology in dealing with pain and ill health
D1 Concepts of pain and ill health
• Theories of pain.
• The role of psychological factors in pain perception.
• Organic pain, psychogenic pain.
• Acute and chronic pain, referred pain.
• Injury without pain, pain without injury.
• Measuring pain.
• Controlling pain, application of psychological approaches to alleviation of pain.
D2 Psychological theories related to pain and ill health
• Diagnosis and behaviour change.
• Alleviation of symptoms, coping mechanisms.
• Effect on families and dependants.
• Illnesses, including heart disease, cancer, HIV/AIDS, back pain, asthma.
For the Unit 26 Learning Aim A and B booklet, click this link https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/btec-level-3-health-and-social-care-unit-26-health-psychology-learning-aim-a1-a2-b1-and-b2-11803530
For more resources for BTEC or CTEC Levels 2 and 3, have a look through my TES shop, to find all resources in one place with a search facility
Good luck in your teaching :-)