A 41 page booklet, 2 PowerPoints and a range of activities, spaces for notes and discussion points that cover the new BTEC L3 Unit 4 Current Research in Health and Social Care Learning Aim A. It starts with an introduction on what students can expect for this unit, it's assessment and the BTEC rules and moves on through the content for A1 and A2, with some reference to the text book. You can add to and adapt this Microsoft Word booklet to suit your own teaching style and your students will have their own completed booklet, from which to revise from.
The booklet refers to two reports in my local area but these will also be available in your own area so you can adapt this, if you wish, to make it more relevant to your students. These are...
Mental Illness Needs Assessment in Lincolnshire Report – August 2016 http://www.research-lincs.org.uk/UI/Documents/Mental_Health_Needs_Assessment_2016.pdf
Lincolnshire Sexual Health Needs Assessment Report – 2014/2015 http://www.research-lincs.org.uk/UI/Documents/sexual-health-hna-20142015.pdf
Spec covered in this booklet is, as below:-
A1 Purpose of research in the health and social care sector
• The purpose of research – to improve outcomes for people using services, informing policy and practice, extending knowledge and understanding, identifying gaps in provision.
• Examples of research that have led to an improvement in practice and policy, e.g. changes in treatment of health conditions, changes in practice in providing care and support.
• Health conditions, e.g. how effective certain types of treatment are, health trends in certain areas or among certain age groups and why this should be the case strategies for avoiding certain health conditions and the success of these strategies.
• Lifestyle factors, e.g. prevalence in certain age groups, how far lifestyle factors contribute to health and social care needs, the effect on demand for services, what can be done to mitigate factors.
• Social care and welfare needs, e.g. practice in providing care and support to individuals with specific needs, the success of these practices in promoting individuals’ independence and well-being, services provided to individuals with specific needs and the effect of these services on individuals’ well-being.
There is a step-by-step-walk-through of the May 2018 Part A and B also on TES https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/btec-level-3-health-and-social-care-unit-4-current-research-resources-for-examining-may-2018-asthma-12096013
For more resources follow me on TES and find them all in one place for you to scroll through :-)
Good luck in your teaching, you've got this, you can do it!