This is a resource package contains a 24 page booklet for students to write notes and summarise activities ahead of completing their second assignment. There are 11 PowerPoints to aid delivery and reference to the relevant criteria. In addition their are copies of a government easy read documents and examples of policies and to speed up research for students.
The package covers C1 and C2 of the Unit 7 spec content for the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care - Unit 7 Principles of Safe Practice Learning Aim C.
The resource package cover the below:-
C1 Health and safety legislation and policies in health and social care
Legislation must be current and applicable to England, Wales or Northern Ireland. To include relevant sections of, e.g.
• Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)
• The Manual Handling Operations and Regulations (2002)
• The Food Hygiene Regulations (2006)
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) 2002
• Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013
• Data Protection Act (1989) (GDPR 25th May 2018)
• Care Standards Act (2000)
• The Equality Act (2010)
• The Care Act (2014)
• Care Quality Commission Standards
• Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
C2 Influence of legislation and policies on health and social care practice
• Safeguarding vulnerable adults, children and young people.
• Protection from accidents, injuries and illness, including infection control, food preparation, hazardous substances.
• Managing risk assessments and maintaining a safe working environment, including safe moving and handling.
• Promoting health and wellbeing, including handling medication.
• Providing confidence and reassurance for families and other carers.
• Meeting legal and regulatory requirements, including record keeping.
• Recruitment of staff in health and social care, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
For more Level 1, 2 and 3 CTEC and BTEC Health & Social Care free and small charge resource packages, visit my TES shop, to find them all in the same place, with a search facility, to cut down on time