These resources are designed to improve students knowledge, application and confidence in BTEC level 3 Unit 1 Anatomy & Physiology, Learning Aim B: The effects of exercise and sports performance on the muscular system (mandatory unit). They cover all aspects of the learning aim a as stated in the unit specification:
B1 Characteristics and functions of different types of muscles
B2 Major skeletal muscles of the muscular system
B3 Antagonistic muscle pairs
B4 Types of skeletal muscle contraction
B5 Fibre types
B6 Responses of the muscular system to a single sport or exercise session
B7 Adaptations of the muscular system to exercise
B8 Additional factors affecting the muscular system
The following useful documents are included:
- Unit 1: Muscular system (Learning Aim B) Official BTEC past paper question analysis from the all of the published papers. All questions are cross referenced with the exam date and the question number (see below). Each question has the command word highlighted in red, subject content in blue and indicative content in green. The questions for each part of the section are arranged in chronological order to!
• Sample Assessment Material Issue 2 – November 2017
• Additional Sample Assessment Material
• June 2017
• January 2018
• May 2018
• January 2019
• May 2019
- Unit 1: Muscular system (Learning Aim B) Official BTEC past paper question & answers booklet
- An extended answer writing framework for banded 8 mark responses.
- A 195 slide comprehensive detailed powerpoint covering all aspects of Learning Aim B, differentiated learning outcomes, video links, application to sports performance, various learning taasks. PPT is ready to use
- Revision BINGO of the muscular system
I hope you find these resources helpful and that they save you time.