A complete and ready to deliver KS3 lesson.
Lesson title: Cells, tissues and organs (also known as - Levels Of Organisation).
Define and give examples of “tissues”, “organs” and “organ systems”.
Explain the “hierarchy” of organisation in a “multicellular” “organism”.
(“xxxx” is a scientific literacy word reviewed in the lesson).
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do NOT need to spend hours carefully planning and resourcing this lesson – I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for you ( I have used and improved it with my classes many times).
There is nothing to do but give it a quick read through and familiarise yourself with it. You may wish to remove a few slides to reduce its length if required for your particular group of learners - this is very easy to do as it is grouped into clear sections.
The lesson contains:
* Need list – telling you what to photocopy or what kit to order - if required.
* Notes to help the teacher
* Title and lesson objectives (as below).
* Starter task where students self-assess themselves against each objective
* Scientific literacy activity
* Homework (you choose whether your learners need to do it)
* Questions –** all** answers are provided.
* Video clip (carefully selected)
* Paired work activities with answers.
* Theory slides (minimal – inter-spaced with thinking activities - not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Gap fill fun activity – answers are provided
* Plenary formative/summative assessment activity / quiz
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by ‘Barclayfox’ once they appear on TES.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
About this lesson:
This lesson is one of a set of 4, these are titled:
L1 Cells, tissues and organs.
L2 Gas exchange and alveoli.
L3 Breathing (inhale and exhale).
L4 Skeleton, joints and muscles.
You may find it useful to buy all lessons in the set as they are linked together (for example a homework maybe given in one lesson and then tested in another).
Thank you for your time.