Complete and ready to use high quality KS3 Biology lesson from Barclayfox. All resources are included in this well differentiated excellent lesson, there is nothing for you to do but deliver it !
STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO:
* Understand what antibiotics can treat and what they cannot.
* Describe the use of antibiotics and how they work.
* Explain how Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.
* Successfully complete an experiment to select an appropriate antibiotic.
Pupils start the lessons by thinking about the Los and self-assessing against their current understanding of this topic and undertaking a scientific literacy activity.
MAIN and MAIN and MAIN....
This lesson is 'chunked' into discrete sections to support learning and create positive behaviour by keeping students interested and focused. There is a very good variety of interesting student activities such as a practical experiment, gap fill, matching, literacy activity, quick quiz, recall, think/pair/share, questions with answers, self-assessment and peer assessment opportunities etc etc.
Learners self assess and reflect on their progress against the lesson outcomes.
A good variety of extension activities are provided just in case any group you teach requires them.
Thank you for looking, this lesson will save you a lot of time and effort, if you choose to buy your positive feedback on tes would be very much appreciated :)
Other Barclayfox lessons in this series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available, not all series are bundled).
1. Vaccinations – lesson 1. (Vaccinations, immunity and Edward Jenner)
2. Vaccinations – lesson 2. (Advantages & disadvantages of vaccinations, how pathogens spread etc)
3. Antibiotics - lesson 1. (Medicines, Fleming, penicillin and selecting an appropriate antibiotic)
4. Antibiotics - lesson 2. (Antibiotic resistance, super bugs, MRSA, resistant bacteria)
5. DNA & Darwin & evolution & Peer review. (Discovery of the structure of DNA, evolution etc)
6. Preventing extinction. (Preventing extinction, conservation, seed banks, captive breeding etc)
7. Revision lesson. (Vaccines, antibiotics, DNA, Evolution, extinction etc)
Happy teaching !
Antibiotics, Penicillin, Alexander Fleming, medicines, vaccine, vaccination, immunity, immune, virus, bacteria, Doctor, nurse, medicine, syringe, petri dish, microscope, illness, ill, cure, blood, white blood cell, fungus, germ, germs, disease, roll, MMR, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, vaccination, German measles, HPV, human papilloma virus, cancer, immune system, injection, droplet, observation, hypothesis, theory, experiment, pathogen, antibody, skin, stomach acid, primary defences, etc