This lesson covers the whole KS3 current electricity module:
- Explaining current, voltage and resistance
- Explaining conductors and insulators
- Current, voltage, lamps and switches in series and parallel circuits
- Current and voltage varies with number of batteries
- Ohms Law
What You Get
- Sheet for fact share activity
- Fact Sheet
- Smart Board Quiz - Question and answer PowerPoints
- Two worksheets – differentiated.
- Answer/mark scheme PowerPoint
- Sheet for pupils to record quiz answers
- Suggested lesson plan (one-page flow chart)
With the question version of the quiz on the interactive whiteboard, pupils write their answers on their recording sheet. This quiz has a built-in timer for each question but the teacher has control of movement between slides to move from question to question.
The answer version of the quiz is then put on the IWB and pupils mark their answers. This version also shows the questions so it is easy for the teacher to go through any explanations necessary.
The facts on the fact sheet are mapped to the question numbers in the quiz. Pupils now match and colour on the fact sheet, the numbers of the questions they had wrong on the pupil recording sheet. They then have, to take away with them, a clear and permanent record of facts to be learned.
Pupils then tackle the worksheet which is differentiated over two versions.
Finally pupils use the answer/mark scheme PowerPoint to either self-assess or peer assess their answers to the worksheet.
The module is available as money-saving bundles or individual topics.