This resource includes:
1. A 55-slide, PowerPoint lesson explaining when to use 'ge' or 'dge' at the end of words ending in the phoneme /j/ (the /dʒ/ sound spelt as ge and dge at the end of words National Curriculum , English Programmes of Study Year 2).
The PowerPoint contains:
- Rules for adding 'dge' and 'ge' (long and short vowel sounds)
- Opportunities for pupils to choose the appropriate ending
- Individual / paired / group timed activity - finding as many -dge and -ge words as possible in 3 minutes
2. An accompanying set of 15 differentiated worksheets on words ending in 'ge' or 'dge'.
This resource includes a set of 15 differentiated worksheets on words ending in -ge / -dge. Tasks include:
- inserting the correct -ge / -dge word into a sentence
- -ge / -dge words spelling practise worksheets
- using ge / dge words in sentences
- word searches
- sorting words into ge / dge / categories
The resources are appropriate for Year 2 pupils, older SEN students who have yet to master the basics in phonics and ESL students.
More English Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide