Suitable for Foundation classes, Keystage 1/Lower Keystage 2, SEN and ESL children, individual/smaller sessions for children that need extra support.
This comprehensive resource is a review of the digraphs - sh, ch, th, ng, ck, ph and wh.
It aims to consolidate the pupils learning of the digraphs by saying the sounds, listening, sorting, shared reading and writing activities.
There are practical activities - Just print and laminate pictures, flashcard words and the circles with each digraph onto card paper for repeated use.
The PowerPoint Presentation (20 slides) contains:-
- Whole class activities such as slide view animation of the digraph as they whirl in - children say the sounds;
- Audio - children listen to the words and decide which digraph each word contains;
- Click and drag to sort pictures under the correct digraph heading;
- Shared reading text - look for the digraphs and true/false comprehension activity;
There is an extra sorting activity presentation - print off slides 1 and 2 and children can do this activity at their tables instead of the click and drag activity in the main Presentation.
- Lesson Plan (learning objectives, activities and plenary)
-Teachers’ Notes describing what you can do with the resources
- Flashcards of words to laminate
- Pictures cards to laminate for various activities
- Large circles containing each digraph to be laminated for various activities
- Cut/paste sorting activities
- Worksheets on sorting and listing and writing sentences
- Handwriting template sheet to practise digraph joins
- Reading strips containing the digraphs - useful for small reading groups. Students search for the digraphs and for additional work they can draw pictures to go with each sentence.
To complement this resource you will find large flashcards at: