This resource contains colourful PowerPoint Presentations on the general rules to change singular nouns into plural and vice versa.
Aimed at: Reception, KS1/Lower KS2 (for revision), ESL/EFL students
- Teachers' Guide on how you can teach via the PowerPoint lessons.
There are whole class activities within each presentation.
Content of PowerPoint Presentations - Simple rules and guidance:-
- (15 Slides) -Adding -s to nouns to make regular plurals, e.g. cat/cats
- (16 Slides) - Nouns that have irregular plurals, e.g child/children
- (21 Slides) - Nouns ending in consonant + y, e.g. baby/babies
- (29 Slides) - Nouns ending in ch, sh, s, x and z, e.g. bench/benches, box/boxes
- (21 Slides) - Nouns ending in f or fe, e.g. wolf/wolves and exceptions to the rule
- (36 Slides) - Nouns ending in o, e.g. potato/potatoes, eskimo/eskimoes - adding s or es
Includes: Whole class activities.
Exceptions to the rules are highlighted within the presentations.
- There are 30 + differentiated worksheets based on each presentation.
- Multiple Choice Activity worksheets (pdf) on choosing the correct spelling of the plural with pictures shown.
- Writing - Sentences with highlighted singular or plural noun to be changed.
Learning aims: Develop children's understanding of singular and plural nouns. To know some nouns have irregular plurals.
File Type: PowerPoint, Word and PDF
All images used are from Microsoft clipart, www.clker.com and pixabay free images/photos.