Edexcel Product Design Revision booklet on Materials, Processes and Techniques style questions (TIMBERS):
This 30 page Publisher booklet is based on the new Edexcel Product Design exam specification. I have analysed the sample exam papers we have been given and created a booklet on Materials, Processes and Techniques questions that appear on the exam paper.
In the beginning there are introductory pages on:-
- the breakdown of the exam questions and the style they have done in the past;
- core materials and the properties the students needs to know;
- the timber materials and properties they need to know;
- the tools and techniques they need to know;
- plus some pages on how to describe the properties of materials.
The rest of the booklet consists of four styles of questions:
- core material property questions (3 for each material - so 15 in total);
- core material property questions which require a single property answer and are at the beginning of the paper (30 of these);
- questions that start with a particular product and lead into other manufacturing issues (there are 6 of these);
- questions that ask the students to use notes and diagrams to explain a making process (there are 4 of these).
I have also developed a booklet like this for papers and boards and one on Designing questions for Timbers - this could be adapted for other material areas quite easily.
NOTES: I have designed these questions in the hope that the trend in these questions continues. This booklet focuses on the area of materials, processes and techniques and has a lot of similar practice questions. The hope is by repeating these style of questions that the students will understand what the exam paper is after.
Also on pages 11,13,15,17 and 19 there are spaces - I copied and pasted in some of the questions from the Pearson text book (which I can’t do) in here which you could do. There is an answer book to the questions too on the Edexcel website.