This pack of resources has been made for the People (HR) unit of GCSE Business. It is primarily written for the OCR (9-1) course, but could easily be used for other exam boards as it includes most of the usual content for this topic (details below). All resources are in Microsoft Word format (so that you can amend them if you wish).
The following resources are included:
- 3 x Mini Assessments (multiple choice & 2-4 point questions; totalling 20 marks each) + Model Answers.
- 5 x Extended Answer Assessments (9 mark questions) + Model Answers. Internal vs external recruitment, part-time working, evaluating a recruitment plan, tall vs flat structure, and working from home.
- End of Unit Assessment (a range of multiple choice, short and extended questions; totalling 30 marks) + Model Answers.
- Revision Booklet – blank version for students to fill the gaps + completed version.
- Mind Map for unit – to be completed by students.
You are welcome to print / copy these resources for your students, or put on your internal VLE – but please do not share with other institutions or put on an external website.
The following concepts are covered:
■ 3.1 The role of human resources
■ 3.2 Organisational structures and different ways of working
■ 3.3 Communication in business
■ 3.4 Recruitment and selection
■ 3.5 Motivation and retention
■ 3.6 Training and development
■ 3.7 Employment law