Geometry all around us is an excellent add on to your geometry unit.
For many of your students, geometry is purely and solely used and heard of in Math. It is something they learn in school and is often set as homework. Most students do not see the relevance of geometry outside of the classroom. Therefor this project has been designed for students to gain an insight into the world of geometry our everyday lives in our natural and man-made world.
Working in small groups of 4 or 6, your students will create a collage showing examples of geometry in the world. They will also be writing a summary of their collages, highlighting examples of geometric shapes and principles.
Skills your students will cover
- Identifying examples of polygons and other geometric shapes in the natural and man-made world
- Classifying line segments as parallel or perpendicular
- Classifying two-dimensional shapes by their sides and angles
- Communicating Math ideas
- Using technology (if you are using a computer)
- Identifying line and rotational symmetry
Please note: Watermarks/blurred images will not be in your downloaded file! All files are in PDF. This resource will download as a zip folder.
Online Platforms – Stop by and say ‘Hi’ we love to hear from you <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<