At least 4 lessons worth of material, including lessons objectives, starter activities, differentiated activities, case-studies, video-links and more.
Written for the GCSE Edexcel, Spec B Short course but can be easily adapted for other GCSE specifications.
Lessons cover the following objectives:
• Describe the different types of punishment
• Consider what punishment is best suited to particular crimes
• Evaluate the effectiveness of prisons for young people, applying own ideas
• Know what capital punishment is
• Demonstrate an understanding of some of the arguments for and against capital punishment
• Evaluate the effectiveness of capital punishment
• Consider the lives and deaths of Tim Davis and Daniel Lopez
• Reflect on real-life murder case studies from the UK
• Evaluate Islamic views on capital punishment
• Recognise personal viewpoints on capital punishment
• Identify different viewpoints relating to capital punishment
• Evaluate whether capital punishment should be made legal in the UK