This a quick and effective way to set targets and identify areas of improvement for students whilst tracking their progress over time. It is also a document which can be used to provide students with effective feedback and guidance on what they need to work on each lesson in order to reach their target grade. This was used during my last school’s most recent Ofsted inspection. The inspector advised me, in my feedback, that he felt this document was effective and a fantastic way to provide feedback to students of a practical subject. He asked for a copy of it and took it to the head teacher to discuss and provided nothing but positive feedback.
The leadership in my current school adore the idea and are looking to roll this out across all practical subjects.
How the document is used effectively:
- Students are given their progress trackers at the beginning of the lesson.
- They are able to spend a couple of minutes looking at their targets for that lesson.
- The lesson is then delivered and the targets that are on the Individual Progress Tracker are also incorporated in to my Power Point and displayed throughout rehearsal time so the students can refer back to them.
- Students are then put in to groups and start rehearsing.
- The Individual Progress Trackers are then collected and piled in the groups they students are working.
- Students will then show their work back to the rest of the class whilst I am sat in the audience, at a table, with the group’s progress trackers laid out in front of me so that I can tick all of the targets achieved/not achieved.
- The Individual Progress Tracker will then be presented to the students at the start of next lesson and they know that any targets ticked as not achieved are to be their focus for that lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.