This complete lesson is perfect for prompting class discussions on the topic of art. Beginning with reading and comprehension exercises on Frida Kahlo, this lesson will encourage students to express their opinions on modern art, and then test student’s reading, writing, and speaking skills through challenging activities.
I designed this lesson for intermediate/upper intermediate English class, but the lesson plan and materials (both included) can easily be adapted for other English language, visual arts, or art history classes.
Any of the worksheets can be set as homework, used in a classroom, or in a one-to-one tutoring lesson. PDF, Word, and PowerPoint documents included for easy editing
This resource includes:
- Teacher’s PowerPoint [7 slides]
- Complete Lesson Plan [Procedure / Activity Guidelines / Teaching Tips]
- Lesson Plan ‘Front Page’ [Outline of Lesson Aims & Anticipated Problems/Solutions]
- Worksheet 1 - Biography of Frida Kahlo [Text]
- Worksheet 2 - Match the Dates with the Biographical Information [Reading Activity]
- Worksheet 3 - Comprehension Questions [Reading Activity]
- Worksheet 4 - Choose an Artwork to Write About [Writing Activity / Homework]
- Separate worksheets with UK and US spelling