This is a super fun (yet truly educational!) game where students race to the finish line by counting the number of beats on a card! Use in your daily lessons, as part of center activities, or as a great sub plan!
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is Level 2: Quarter Note, Quarter Rest, Beamed Eighth Notes, and Half Note
In the game, each student will draw a card and count up the number of counts on each card. Then, they can move their game piece (provided by you - see here for examples or use pony beads!) the number of counts on the card. There are also some “game” cards like “Wreck: Skip Your Turn!”
Your students will LOVE playing this game in Rhythm Centers or as a stand-alone activity! You will verbally hear them calling out the names of the notes as the move forward and check each other.
In this resource:
• Game board in Black and White.
• Game board in Color.
• Cards to print out (8 cards to one sheet of paper).
• Directions for Teacher.
• Directions for Students - print out and put in the packet for students!
Like this product? You will also love:
- Music Centers: Rhythm Race Counting Edition Level 8 - Rhythm Game
- Rhythm Coloring 3B- Color by Note Name - Quarter N/R, Eighth, Whole, Half
- Rhythm Coloring 2B- Color by Note Name - Half Note, Quarter Note/Rest, Eighth
Visit my website to join the Free Resource Library!
Teach music. Love life.