Normal Probability Distributions Lecture (Elementary Statistics Module)
In this lecture we introduce continuous probability distributions, and most of this lecture focuses on normal distributions.
Here are the lecture objectives:
- The Standard Normal Distribution
• Describe the characteristics of a standard normal distribution.
• Find the probability of some range of z values in a standard normal distribution.
• Find z scores corresponding to regions under the curve representing a standard normal distribution.
- Real Applications of Normal Distributions
• Develop the ability to describe a normal distribution (not necessarily a standard normal distribution).
• Find the probability of some range of values in a normal distribution.
• Find x scores corresponding to regions under the curve representing a normal distribution.
- Sampling Distributions and Estimators
• Develop the ability to describe a sampling distribution of a statistic.
• Determine whether a statistic serves as a good estimator of the corresponding population parameter.
- The Central Limit Theorem
• Describe what the central limit theorem states.
• Apply the central limit theorem by finding the probability that a sample mean falls within some specified range of values.
• Identify conditions for which it is appropriate to use a normal distribution for the distribution of sample means.
- Assessing Normality
• Develop the ability to examine histograms, outliers, and normal quanile plots to determine whether sample data appear to be from a population having a distribution that is approximately normal.
- Normal as Approximation to Binomial
• Identify conditions for which it is appropriate to use a normal distribution as an approximation to a binomial brobability distribution.
• Use the normal distribution for approximating probabilities for a binomial distribution
By purchasing this teaching resources, you will get:
Normal Probability Distributions Lecture Power Point Presentation
File with the activities for all parts of the lecture agenda. Those activities might be used within seminar or lecture on Normal Probability Distributions.
Test bank to Normal Probability Distributions with all answers to them in order to assess your students. (Overall there are 3 Variants of tests with different questions and all answers to them)
Please Write comments as well as subscribe to our store!