This resource contains:
1. A highly visual and interactive 100 slide PowerPoint lesson on nouns - common nouns, proper nouns, abstract nouns, compound nouns and collective nouns. All the different types of nouns are explained and examples given.
The PowerPoint contains three activities to reinforce and consolidate the pupils' understanding of nouns.
- An interactive sorting activity that requires sorting different types of nouns into the appropriate category
- A timed interactive noun challenge where pupils have to think of nouns in all categories beginning with a certain letter. A worksheet is provided for this on the PowerPoint
- An activity where pupils are asked to identify all the nouns in the poem 'Daffodils' by William Wordsworth. A worksheet is also provided for this.
This resource could be used to introduce nouns or to revise them. It could be used as a one-off lesson or a series of lessons. It would be particularly useful for SATS revision. It is suitable for primary aged pupils and for older SEN students who will benefit from the visual nature of the PowerPoint.
2. A set of 22 differentiated worksheets on common, proper, abstract, collective and compound nouns. Tasks include identifying and using all the types of noun at word, sentence and text level.
The differentiated worksheets tasks include:
- placing the correct noun by the image
- identifying nouns in sentences
- identifying different sorts of nouns in texts on the Wizard of Oz and Harry Potter
- identifying the kinds of nouns in poems - Little Jack Horner, The Owl and the Pussy Cat, Daffodils
- sorting nouns into common, proper, abstract, compound and collective types
- creating a collective noun for coat hangers, mobile phones, iPads etc
- using nouns in sentences
These resources would be particularly useful for SATS revision and are suitable for primary aged pupils and for older SEN students.
More Nouns Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide