A plurals mat showing the rules for making nouns plural. The mat can be laminated and pupils can refer to these to help with forming plurals.
Rules include those for:
- regular nouns - adding 's'
- nouns ending in 'ch' , 'sh', 'x' and 's'
- nouns ending in 'f' and 'fe' - change 'f' to 'v' and add 'es'
- nouns ending in 'y' preceded by consonant - change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'
- nouns ending in 'o' adding 's' or 'es'
- irregular pupils ie goose - geese, foot - feet, ox - oxen etc
This resource is appropriate for primary aged pupils and older SEN students.
More Plurals Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide