Probability Lecture (Elementary Statistics Module)
This is a lecture which is covered during Elementary Statistics Module with students who just started to learn Statistics.
The main objective of this chapter is to develop a sound understanding of probability values, because those values constitute the underlying foundation on which methods of inferential statistics are built. The important methods of hypothesis testing commonly use P-values, which are probability values expressed as numbers between 0 and 1, inclusive. Smaller probability values, such as 0.01, correspond to events that are very unlikely. Larger probability values, such as 0.99, correspond to events that are very likely.
Agenda of Introduction to Statistics Lecture is as following:
Basic Concepts of Probability
• Identify probabilities as values between 0 and 1, and interpret those values as expressions of likelihood of events.
• Develop the ability to calculate probabilities of events.
• Define the complement of an event and calculate the probability of that complement.
Addition Rule and Multiplication Rule
• Develop the ability to calculate the probability that in a single trial, some event A occurs pr some event B occurs or they both occur. Apply the addition rule by correctly adjusting for events that are not disjoint.
• Develop the ability to calculate the probability of an event A occurring in a first trial and an event B occurring in a second trial. Apply the multiplication rule by adjusting for events that are not independent.
• Distinguish between independent events and dependent events
Complements, Conditional Probability, and Bayes` Theorem
• Compute the probability of “at least one” occurrence of an event A.
• Apply the multiplication rule by computing the probability of some event, given that some other event has already occurred.
• Develop the ability to apply the fundamental counting rule, factorial rule, permutations rule, and combinations rule.
• Distinguish between circumstances requiring the permutations rule and those requiring the combinations rule.
By purchasing this teaching resources, you will get:
Probability Lecture Power Point Presentation
File with the activities for all parts of the lecture agenda. Those activities might be used within seminar or lecture on Probability.
Test bank to Probability with all answers to them in order to assess your students. (Overall there are 3 Variants of tests with different questions and all answers to them)
Please Write comments as well as subscribe to our store!
You may also like:
Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data Lecture (Elementary Statistics Module)
Introduction to Statistics (Elementary Statistics Module)