This 5 week unit of work enables the children to explore the idea about trying to transform the world. It explores what a better world would be like while gathering ideas about some of the problems it has.
The following objectives are covered over the 6 weeks:
Make sense of belief:
• Explain connections between biblical texts and the concept of
the kingdom of God
• Consider different possible meanings for the biblical texts
studied, showing awareness of different interpretations
Understand the impact:
• Make clear connections between belief in the kingdom of God
and how Christians put their beliefs into practice
• Show how Christians put their beliefs into practice in
• Relate the Christian ‘kingdom of God’ model (i.e. loving others,
serving the needy) to issues, problems and opportunities in the
• Articulate their own responses to the idea of the importance
of love and service in the world today.
All resources are listed here and are referenced in the lesson plans. A great unit that provokes some thoughtful and philosophical discussions.
Please note: this unit of work could easily be extended to 6 weeks as there are opportunities for the children to present and share their work with their peers.