This resource contains an 85-slide presentation and a 50 question quiz on Roald Dahl. It is an ideal resource for Roald Dahl Day and World Book Day. The PowerPoint includes references to:
- His birthplace, parentage, family
- His education and schooling
- His career - RAF fighter pilot
- His works including The BFG, Matilda, Fantastic Mr Fox, Boy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, Danny Champion of the World, The Gremlins, Going Solo
- Likes, dislikes, interests, hobbies
- Roald Dahl Festival at Aylesbury
The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to Dahl’s ‘writing hut’, BFG movie trailer, audio of Roald Dahl giving writing tips, interview with Terry Wogan, Roald’s home at Gipsy Cottage.
The quiz is a fully editable, interactive PowerPoint quiz containing 50 questions with multiple choice answers. It can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be found by clicking on the Roald Dahl image on each slide. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. The resource also includes a question and answer sheet for individuals/teams to record answers.
1. Where was I born?
2. What kind of stories did my mum and Grandma tell me?
3. When I was a young boy what was my favourite book?
4. In which book did I write about childhood days?
5. Which chocolate makers used to send chocolate to Repton School for testing?
6. After I left school, which country did I visit on a hiking expedition?
7. At the outbreak of World War II which armed services did I join?
8. What happened to me in the RAF in 1940?
This resource is also suitable for older SEN students due to the visual nature of the resource and the multiple choice format of questions and answers.
More Roald Dahl Resources
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide:
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide