An eight-part project about sea level change since the ice age. Covers glaciation, global warming and isostasy. Includes lesson plans, presentations, workbooks and a template for a timeline poster to illustrate the content of the eight sessions.
Educational Level 3 & 4
(SCN 2.05, 3.05a, 3.05b, 2.17a, 3.20b, 4.08b, SOC 2.07a, 3.07a, 4.07a, 2.08a, 3.08a)
This resource bundle includes pdf and editable versions of the following:
- Lesson plan
- Learning context
- Part 1: Introducing the Ice Age
- Part 2: Finding Evidence for the Ice Age
- Part 3: The Ice Age and sea-level change
- Part 4: Coming out of the Ice Age
- Part 5: Introducing isostasy
- Part 6: Isostasy and sea-level change
- Part 7: Current sea-level change
- Part 8: The impacts of current sea-level change
- Lesson slides
- Isostatic uplift
- Timeline display
- Timeline components
- Student workbook (and version with model answers)
- Photograph sets and question sets
This resource was created as part of the GeoScience Outreach Course which is a 4th year undergraduate course in the School of GeoSciences aiming to provide students with the opportunity to develop their own science communication and engagement project. This resource was originally created for Boroughmuir High School
Author: Roseanne Smith, adapted by Stephanie (Charlie) Farley and Martin Tasker.
Unless otherwise stated, all content released under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license.