Stories include: Little Red Riding Hood, The Gingerbread Man, The Frog Prince, The Three Little Pigs and Jack and the Beanstalk. Opportunities for pictorial or written responses - perfect for Year R and Year 1!
This resource contains two files:
1. Making connections - children are encouraged to relate their own experiences to five different traditional tales.
2. Retelling - children are given a framework and some simple story vocabulary for retelling five different traditional tales. There is also a character and a speech bubble from each story where children can write recurring character phrases.
Year 1 National Curriculum reading comprehension objectives:
Pupils should be taught to:
- develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by:
- being encouraged to link what they read or hear read to their own experiences.
- becoming very familiar with key stories, fairy stories and traditional tales, retelling them and considering their particular characteristics.
- recognising and joining in with predictable phrases.