A hotchpotch of various resources I used with my ASD specialist provision class during a recent Under the Sea topic. My class were mixed ages and varied widely in ability (P4 to approx Y1/Y2 ability) so the resources reflect this. These resources are suitable for any age group who are working at this level, and also suitable for mainstream.
There are 10 files included:
- L is for lighthouse - simple level, tracing ‘l’ and colouring items that start with ‘l’
- S is for starfish - as above but ‘s’
- Sea Creatures - match photo to image (simple reasoning / develop generalising)
- Lighthouse Facts - 2 A4 worksheets for basic lighthouse facts. 1 page is words only, 2nd sheet is supported by symbols.
- Lighthouse Factsheet - very similar to above but slightly prettier - used in a previous year with a group who were more able and could manage with more visual distraction.
- Lighthouse intro - basic powerpoint
- Draw and label a lighthouse - simple A4 sheet
- Starfish ‘eat’ or ‘live’ sorting sheet
- Starfish fact sheet - A4 sheet for learners to complete
- Under the sea describing words - topic related pictures, learners needed to find a describing word for each picture (e.g. ______ boat ) 2 copies per A4 page