KS2 problem solving cards (4 operations): 96 Maths word problems task cards (addition and subtraction, plus multiplication and division), featuring mostly multi step word problems (2 or 3 steps). Includes full answers, recording sheets and an additional 16 problems on worksheets.
Made for Upper KS2 lessons (Year 5 and 6) but suits some early KS3 (Year 7), this problem-solving BUNDLE combines my very popular Addition and Subtraction Word Problems and Multiplication and Division Word Problems, which can be purchased separately if required. These activities are great for early finisher challenges / extension tasks or for practice when focusing on the four operations and problem-solving skills.
Please see the individual resource pages for more detailed information and previews to check if these will suit your needs. All files in PDF format.
- 48 Adding and Subtracting Word Problem Cards
- 48 Multiplying and Dividing Word Problem Cards
- Answer Sides to print on reverse if required
- Separate 1-page Answer Keys
- Recording Sheets in 1-page and 3-page versions
- 2 double-sided worksheets, featuring an additional 16 word problems (and answers)
- Problems cover a range of contexts and the concepts covered include money (UK pounds), measure (metric), decimals, fractions etc.
- Alternative dollar versions of all resources are also included
The files containing the cards have the question sides on the odd numbered pages and the answer sides on the even numbered pages. Set your printer to print back-to-back or, if your printer can’t do this, simply place the card or paper back in the printer in the correct order and print the even numbered pages on the other side. You can laminate and have students work individually or in groups, checking the answer on the back once they’ve had a go. Alternatively, make it competitive and have individuals or pairs race to solve them, using a timer perhaps. **Separate 1-page cards featuring all answers are included in case you prefer not to print the answers on the back of the cards. **
The double-sided worksheets, one in each of the packs, can be used for classwork or as homework tasks.
If you prefer to buy the 2 word problem packs along with times tables games and mental maths puzzles, try this great value Maths Revision Activities BUNDLE
Thanks for supporting my resources. You can explore many more at FullShelf Resources