Brentwood School - All-Through with Sixth Form
Essex, United Kingdom
About Brentwood School - All-Through with Sixth Form
First established in 1557, Brentwood School is one of the UK’s leading independent schools for boys and girls aged 3 to 18. Set within a 75-acre site, in the heart of Brentwood town, and a direct train ride from London Stratford station, Brentwood's campus provides a stimulating environment for innovative teaching and a first-class education.
The facilities at Brentwood School are of the highest quality across all areas - academic, arts and sport. Brentwood has around 1800 students, making it larger than the average school of its type, and just over 1200 of these students are in the Senior School, which includes approximately 70 boarding pupils.
Brentwood's history spans almost 500 years and its School motto, ‘Virtue, Learning and Manners’, is taken from the School statutes of 1622. The principles of academic achievement within a caring Christian ethos remain a cornerstone of the School’s philosophy today.
Brentwood School is an excellent place to work and extremely well-located. Picturesque grounds and state of the art facilities make for a wonderful and inspiring learning and working environment. The campus is in the centre of Brentwood and a walk away from all the cultural, retail, gastronomic and nightlife facilities it has to offer. It is a mere 40 minutes to London from Brentwood Rail Station and 20 minutes from Shenfield Station, and with Crossrail due for completion in 2021, passengers will be able to reach Central & West London without having to change.
Mr Michael Bond
As an academic institution, Brentwood recognises the importance of investing in its people and the value of continuing professional development:
· Competitive salary
· Generous contributory pension scheme (and part of the Teachers' Pension Scheme)
· Optional subsidised private health care
· Free School lunches during term time*
· Employee Support Programme
· Cashplan scheme with discounts for hundreds of high street and online brands
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Free Brentwood School Sports Centre membership*
· Free on-site parking*
· Investment in people - a thorough PDP (appraisal) system
· Outstanding support for PGCE/NQT/RQT
· An innovative and ambitious Research & Development programme
· Warm working environment, stunning school grounds and positive culture
· The excellent attitude and behaviour of the pupils
· Small class sizes
· Outstanding resources
· Free tickets to all of our regular high-quality concerts, musicals, shows, recitals and other entertainment held at School
· The high level of pastoral care and parental support
· A broad academic and co-curricular programme
· The dedication and commitment of colleagues
· Pleasant working environment, School grounds and atmosphere
- *Non-contractual benefit
Values and Vision
Although nominally a co-educational school, Brentwood School operates the diamond structure. This essentially means that pupils are taught in a co-educational setting only up to Senior School, before being split into single-sex groups. In the Sixth Form, the classes are co-educational once again, this is intended to ensure that students get the best of both single-sex and co-educational schooling. Admission into Brentwood School is selective, either by formal or informal assessment depending on year group. The school maintains high academic standards for its students, with a high-quality curriculum built around a strong set of core subjects, and supported by a huge range of co-curricular and sporting activities.