Deptford Green School
Lewisham, United Kingdom
About Deptford Green School
Deptford Green School is a mixed, mainstream, non-denominational secondary school. This community state school in Lewisham, south-east London, caters for pupils aged 11-16 and aims to provide local children with an excellent education.
Vision StatementDeptford Green School aspires to be a vibrant and dynamic learning environment in which every student is given the opportunity to:
- Fulfil their academic potential and be able to achieve their ambitions for the next stage of their educational journey.
- Make a positive contribution to the school community and the wider community that we serve.
- Develop socially and emotionally the skills and attributes needed to live happy, safe and productive adult lives.
Core ValuesWe believe that Deptford Green School should:
- Help every student, and every member of staff, to achieve more than they ever thought possible, regardless of their starting points.
- Be a community of excellence where we hold high expectations for success in ourselves and in others.
- Foster an environment where individuals take responsibility for themselves and show respect for others as part of a healthy and safe community.
- Value and embrace the fact that we are all different and show tolerance for the beliefs, faiths and opinions of others.
- Prepare students for successful and fulfilling adult lives by giving them opportunities to experience work, volunteering and to participate in their community.
- Help our students to develop into articulate, confident, courteous and considerate citizens.
- Promote a love of learning by high quality and engaging teaching which delivers great learning outcomes.
- Celebrate the varied achievements of all students and all members of staff.