Solihull, United Kingdom
About Langley School
The Langley Purpose
‘To be the best that we can be’
Langley has often been described as a holistic school. Our aim is simple: to support children to become 'the best they can be' and to respect and encourage the talents of all. Certainly we strive for the best possible examination results, we owe our children this; but we want more.
The Langley Vision
We want Langley to be admired and valued for its pioneering pastoral care, innovative curriculum, modern facilities and inclusive forward thinking approach that opens doors and changes lives.
Values and Ethos
Our aim is to encourage all within the school 'to be the best that we can be'. Why is this simple, but over-arching, so central to all we do? This is our core value for a number of reasons.
- So our young people are exceptionally well educated.
- To develop happy, healthy, confident and successful life-long learners.
- To develop cognitive, social and emotional resilience and resourcefulness.
- So our students are prepared not for a life of tests but the tests of life.
- So everyone fulfils their potential, is courteous and considerate to others and supports their community
The respect and affection for children is evident in all who work here and the community benefits from the calibre of and ethos shared by the Langley staff, who freely inspire, support and challenge the children and each other, well beyond the working day.
We value the ways in which our students are supportive, courteous and help them learn to appreciate the importance of appropriate behaviour at all times This ability to form good relationships, to be a caring and contributing member of a community, does not fade when they leave us - Langley students are known for their articulate confidence, their courtesy and maturity.