This lesson is based around the issues relating to colonialism and measures to address the past e.g. use of public spaces commemorating controversial figures.
- The first slides of the PDF are for discussion - what can they see? When? Who? Why? etc.
- The gap fill reading is from a text describing the arrival of Columbus in America.
- The following slides focus on the use of language and image illustrating how people’s interpretation is affected by the historical depiction of the events.
- We next move to the debate over statues and the use of public spaces to commemorate controversial figures.
- An initial discussion re: views
- Work on impersonal verbs and expressions with the aim of ensuring that opinions use a range of language including this type of structure.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Really interesting topic and well presented resources, thanks
Always to support your amazing resources Neil. Thanks for sharing so many to all of us and inspiring us. Great resource!
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.