10 of my favourite go-to activities for that difficult class who’ve earned 5 - 10 minutes of Golden Time, or in the time after exam practice or revision where everyone needs a brain break, or when they come back from assembly early… you know how it goes! These have a summer-term flair to them because there are only so many quizzes one class can do.
You will find one PowerPoint with all the activities in one place. No printing to be done. Answers could be given on scraps of paper, whiteboards or go through all 10 challenges in teams to compete for a prize - it’s up to you and your class’s needs.
- Anagram round
- Book quiz with answers on the following slide.
- Quiz on your school (you will have to provide the answers!)
- Paper aeroplane challenge (it was going to be origami - but what type of origami do kids love more? I’ve added a link to the wastepaper basket challenge which uses this game as a metaphor for social privilege. Nice PSHE link.)
- Under the microscope. Students try to work out what the 8 every day items under the microscope are.
- Name the TV theme tune. A link is provided to another good quiz available on YouTube for Pixar songs.
- Celebrity Faceswaps. Students works out which celebrities have had their faces swapped.
- Flags of the world quiz with answers.
- #Unexpected. Part of a gif plays and is then blocked. Students have to predict what unexpected thing will happen next. You may have to click to make the blocking box fly in.
- Rhyme Time Puzzle. Students are given clues for a rhyming answer. Examples and answers given.
On a serious note, these games and activities do wonders to bond a group and build positive communication skills. They test logical and lateral thinking as well as a range of knowledge and skills. They are quick and easy to implement and will save you a panic in so many situations! Have a great last few weeks of term!