Comprehensive list of map skills learning objectives for pupils aged 7-11 (and additional activities for pupils aged 5-16)
Activity pages with answer keys
• Showing direction on a map (UK / USA / Japan / Australia versions)
• Identifying map symbols
• Following routes
• Making a map of an imaginary area
• Using an atlas to identify key geographical features
• Depicting a globe as a flat surface
• Alpha-numeric grid references (Map of Mexico)
• 4 figure grid references (Basic and Map of Canada)
• Using latitude and longitude
• Mark on a map the location of major rivers and mountains
• Using Online Map software (eg Google maps) to identify features.
• Identifying features on an aerial photograph using a map of the same area.
• Describing landscapes
• Making a cross section - Basic
• Making a cross section - Advanced (Greenland ice cap)
• Make a choropleth map – (Indian rainfall)
• Make a 3D map
• Make a field sketch
• UK mapping activity
• Mark on a map - European Union
• Identifying countries from their outlines.
• Self assessment, pupils aged 7-9
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.