This REVISION resource has been designed to motivate and engage students whilst they are challenged on their knowledge of the content in topics C6-C10 of the AQA GCSE Chemistry specification which can be assessed on PAPER 2. This is fully-resourced and contains a detailed PowerPoint (146 slides) and accompanying worksheets, some of which have been differentiated.
The resource was written with the aim of covering as many of the sub-topics in C6-C10 as possible, but the following ones have been given a particular focus:
- The general formulae of the alkanes, alkenes, alcohols and carboxylic acids
- Reversible reactions and equilibrium
- Changing conditions and the position of equilibrium
- The factors affecting the rate of reaction
- Complete combustion of the alkanes and climate change
- The changes in carbon dioxide levels over time
- Addition and condensation polymers
- Fractional distillation and the properties of the fractions
- Analysis and interpreting chromatograms
- Detecting cations
This lesson can be used in combination with the PAPER 1 REVISION resource that I have uploaded.